People across the world are yearning for big, plump lips all thanks to Kylie Jenner! This celebrity took lips fillers to a whole new level. But who really wants to spend up to £200 every 6 months on keeping up with the pout?
I am going to give you a beauty hack that will give you plumper lips whenever you desire them for next to nothing!
Using peppermint oil will help you achieve this!! All you need to do is get a cotton bud and apply one or two drops and swipe it across your lips. This will stimulate your circulation underneath your lips and give a swelling effect. You could also add this to your favourite lip gloss to get the same effect with shine!
So for roughly £5 you could use this whenever, where ever and of course peppermint is very natural and healthy.
More uses for this oil;
Reduces stomach aches
Soothe digestive issues
Freshens bad breath
Antimicrobial properties Improves mental focus
Clears respiratory tract
Releases tight muscles
Cost-effective natural solution to replace pharmaceutical drugs
Have you ever tried this?
Would you give it a go?
Drop your comments below!
If you like our blog please share with friends!
It is no secret that more and more people are taking the plunge and becoming self employed. One of the fastest growing industries is hair and beauty. With companies offering independant courses to kick start a career it has never been a better time to go for it!!
The hair and beauty industry sits at around a £6.2 billion turn over, and over half of these professionals are self employed. I’m going to let you know why it will change your life and how to start a career in the industry!
While people go and clock into their 9 to 5 and hate what they do there are so many people out there who are fully in control of their days, weeks, months and loving it. One of the greatest things about being self employed is that you do not need to have set hours or set days. You choose your own lifestyle. You choose how much you want to earn that week and you get to choose how you spend your time.
There’s no going into work and being told ‘your late’ or ‘put your phone away’ or the rest of the undermining that comes with working under someone’s belt. If you want to do 2 clients in the morning and then go to the gym or shopping your fully in control of that. You can take appointments any time of any day! I know it sounds too good to be true!
You value yourself and feel full work satisfaction
When you work for yourself of course a lot of effort goes into advertising and drumming up the business to keep your self a float. However when you go and do them clients you make sure that they are happy and you are satisfied, and when you get the full amount for doing that job you feel an overwhelming sense of pride. Going from an average of £7.50 per hour been employed to almost triple is an amazing feeling. Finally you will be getting paid what your skills are worth.
You never wake up and think ‘ I cant be bothered today’ , you get up with a spring in your step and get ready to go and make other people feel better about themselves knowing that once you have finished the jobs you have in, your done! No staying around waiting for the boss to say right you can go now or sat clock watching waiting for your shift to be over!
How to start a career in the hair and beauty industry
The first thing you need to consider is what area you want to work in. I always recommend starting off with 1 niche and getting good at that before jumping into lots of different treatments. There are so many colleges and companies that offer 1 day, 1 week or fast track courses.
Once you become qualified get yourself insured! This is so important as some people think they don’t need to be insured as ‘nothing will happen’ but insuring yourself covers your company and your clients. You need to practise your skills on whoever will let you, charge a small fee to cover cost of product. Start to build your confidence and your timings carrying out the treatment, confidence really shows to clients and it puts them at ease. When people are allowing you to do treatments ask permission to take before and after pictures to build a portfolio for potential clients to see.
Register your self employment with HMRC which will allow you to start paying tax and national insurance if you need to. Set up your social media accounts as this is a good way to start to showcase your new skills. Ask friends and family to share your posts for more people to see. Get yourself branded business cards, flyers, car stickers and uniform. You want your brand to get as much exposure as possible.
Clients will not just start coming into your life easily you have to make them believe that they need what your offering and once you start a small clientele the rest will follow through word of mouth and through your own hard work advertising.
The best advise I can give is believe in yourself, believe that you can have a successful small business. Once you believe and can see your vision your half way there into creating a great lifestyle that you choose, more time for friends and family and also a great income for yourself.
How The Individualist can support you with becoming self employed
⦁ We advertise our website which gives all professionals listed exposure
⦁ People who are looking for your skills are able to find you
⦁ Have access to jobs that are posted on our site
⦁ Start building a client base
⦁ Secure bookings with deposit system
⦁ Take online bookings
⦁ Run your business from your profile
⦁ Send clients invoices
⦁ Showcase your work with your own gallery
⦁ Build up reviews on your profile
Plus much more!!
Do you want to start a career? Do you have any worries? Have questions? Drop your comments below and I will respond with the best advise I can offer.
Everyone wants to be able to style their hair with out the use of heat. Its no secret that heat can damage hair and can be crucial to already damaged hair. Cutting heat out of your daily hair regime will help you to keep the condition better for longer!
So I bet your all thinking how will I get curls with out the use of heat so I am going to give you 5 great heatless methods that can be used on all hair types to create different curls.
1. Lets take it back, wayyy back! No just kidding but if we go back to the days when straighteners and curlers was not around people used to use a method called RAGGING. You would cut up a old towel or piece of clothing into strips of material. Dampened hair would be sectioned and starting from the bottom of each section start to curl the rag up towards the scalp and tie at the top. Repeat this until all the hair is in rags. Leave to dry for a little while, I would say around a hour. Gently unravel your rags and you should be left with beautiful spiral curls! Pull the curls out slightly to give a softer feel and finish with some hair spray for hold.
2. Another great way to create curly hair is to use the old style BENDY ROLLERS! Again this method is really simple and very effective! To create a softer look section your hair into around 8 sections, 2 at the bottom or your nape, 4 in the middle section and 2 on top of your head. Dampen each section before getting your bendy roller and starting from the bottom roll it up your hair to your scalp and twist the roller to secure. Continue to do this until all your hair is in rollers. Be sure to leave them to dry enough and then test 1 to make sure its curly enough. When you are happy with the result take them all down and apply a spritz of hairspray. Never leave them on for ages as this could result in very tight short curls! Trust me my sister tried sleeping in them over night and in the morning her hair which is usually to the bottom of her back was so tightly curled it just sat at her ears!! This method will leave you with beautifully controlled curls.
3. If you have a shorter bob style hair and you are wanting a soft loose curl with volume always opt for the VELCROW ROLLERS! I absolutely love the effect these have on your hair. So to create a volumizing soft look, wash your hair and towel dry apply a small amount of mouse or setting spray into your hair for hold. Allow your hair to dry to at least 70-80%. Section your hair in to small sections. From the bottom of your hair roll the Velcro roller up to your scalp and it should just sit nicely providing the stick is still in tact. Repeat this method all the way up your head. I always suggest when you get to the top and sides do your parting section back wards to create lift and your sides downward. Leave these to dry as long as you like but be sure their completely dry before taking them out. Once their all out control your hair by running your fingers through to get it into the shape you desire and add a spritz of hairspray to hold!
4. Everyone knows that if you want effortless waves the best way to create them with out heat is to BRAID your hair. This method always has a better effect when you do it the night before. So before bed wash your hair and towel dry. Give it a good comb to ensure all knots are out before sectioning. For a looser curl section your hair into 2 straight down the middle and do a scalp plait on both sides, secure with elastic bands and sleep on it. If you want more of a tighter wave then section your hair in to 4 equal sections, straight down the middle of your head and straight down the middle of both sections. Apply 4 scalp plaits and secure. In the morning when you wake up your hair should be completely dry. After getting ready take out your hair very gently to make sure you don’t end up in a frizzy mess! Give your head a little shake to separate all the hair from the sectioning, add a little hairspray and you will be good to go!
5. My last method to create curls without the use of heat is to use TOP KNOTS AKA BANTU KNOTS. This way is pretty simple to do. So again with dampened hair section your hair in to 8 sections or 4 depending on how tight you want your curls. Get your first section and twist the hair tightly and then wrap it up into a bump. Secure with a bobby pin or a bobble. Continue to do this to all your sections. When your hair is dry untwist all the sections and give your head a good shake. This should create beautiful big hair with plenty of curl.
I hope you all learnt new ways of curling your hair with out using heat. Give the methods a try and leave some feedback to let us know how you got on.
(All photos used are from google images & Pinterest)
Experimenting with eye make-up can be quiet daunting we have listed 30 make-up tips to help you become more confident when going for bold eye make-up looks.
1. If you struggle to apply eyeliner using pots of gel with out using too much product and ending up in a mess, simply pop some of the product on to the back of your hands and apply it to your eye using a thin liner brush.
2. When you want your eyes to stand out its always better to have your eyes bright white. Use Sparkle brightening eye drops. Simply open your eye wide with your head tilted back and as your drop the drops into your eye take a deep breath in through your nose this will stop your eyes from watering.
3. Use a white or flesh coloured eye liner on your water line to make your eyes seem bigger!
4. Highlight the inside of your eye to brighten up your whole face.
5. Apply concealer to your dark circles after applying your foundation and not before to make them blend better.
6. If you want a soft smokey eye trade your black and greys for nudes and browns.
7. To make your eye colour stand out apply black liner all around the eye, including the water line and smudge it out to create a soft look.
8. Use an eye primer when applying eye makeup for a longer lasting look.
9. Instead of sweeping eye product on, pat it on with your brush for a more pigmented look.
10. To get a classic smokey eye use shimmering tones with plenty of black and blend blend blend!
12. If you have blue eyes use a peachy colour all over your eyelids and underneath to really make them pop out.
13. Change your mascara every three months. When it comes to your eyes its better to be safe than sorry.
14. If you have red hair use neutral shades on the eyes so they don’t compete with the hair.
15. Beware of brown eye shadows with red undertones as they can make you look tired or worse hungover!
16. If you struggle with applying eyeliner in a straight line, draw small dashes across the lid line and then smudge it together with a Q-tip.
17. When you have occasional make up on that is quiet heavy always carry a spare Q-tip in your bag to clean off any excess that my smudge or run during the day/night.
18. For a daytime cat eye look, start at the inside of your eye and drag the liquid liner all the way across the eyelid. When you get to the outer corner take your eyeliner up and out to create a wing but never too much as this will look way too dramatic!
20. If you struggle using liquid liner, start with a pencil and draw a faint cat eye and then trace it with your liquid liner.
21. Don’t be afraid to go dramatic with eyeshadow and extend it above the crease of your eye. Instead of going intensely dark try warmer tones.
22. Rub an ice-cube over puffy eyes in the morning to reduce swelling!
23. To create unique looks dab a brightly coloured cream to the inner corners of your eye.
24. Number 1 rule when going for a dark smokey eye, keep the rest of your face soft and neutral.
25. Use a lash primer before applying mascara.
26. When applying mascara its always so much more difficult to make your bottom lashes look luscious without getting mascara under your eyes and looking like a panda! Use a smaller mascara brush to get them bottom lashes and your small inner corner lashes.
27. One layer of mascara will never do! Wait for your first layer to dry and apply another until your happy that your lashes look full and long. Make sure your using a mascara that doesn’t clump!
28. False eyelashes always make your eye make-up stand out and your eyes seem bigger. When applying false eyelashes; Measure your lash against your eye, cut off any excess. Apply a small layer of glue to the lashes and let it set for a minute or so until the glue goes tacky. Take a pair of tweezer and grip your eyelash, Apply the middle first and then use the end of your tweezers to pat down the false eyelash in place.
29. If you wear glasses go for a lengthening mascara and not a volumizing mascara as against the lenses it can look quiet clumpy.
30. When using a lash curler start at the base and clamp down and continue to move down your lashes until you get to the ends of your lashes.
(All images used are from google images & pinterest)