30 Tips when applying eye makeup!
Experimenting with eye make-up can be quiet daunting we have listed 30 make-up tips to help you become more confident when going for bold eye make-up looks.
1. If you struggle to apply eyeliner using pots of gel with out using too much product and ending up in a mess, simply pop some of the product on to the back of your hands and apply it to your eye using a thin liner brush.
2. When you want your eyes to stand out its always better to have your eyes bright white. Use Sparkle brightening eye drops. Simply open your eye wide with your head tilted back and as your drop the drops into your eye take a deep breath in through your nose this will stop your eyes from watering.
3. Use a white or flesh coloured eye liner on your water line to make your eyes seem bigger!
4. Highlight the inside of your eye to brighten up your whole face.
5. Apply concealer to your dark circles after applying your foundation and not before to make them blend better.
6. If you want a soft smokey eye trade your black and greys for nudes and browns.
7. To make your eye colour stand out apply black liner all around the eye, including the water line and smudge it out to create a soft look.
8. Use an eye primer when applying eye makeup for a longer lasting look.
9. Instead of sweeping eye product on, pat it on with your brush for a more pigmented look.
10. To get a classic smokey eye use shimmering tones with plenty of black and blend blend blend!
12. If you have blue eyes use a peachy colour all over your eyelids and underneath to really make them pop out.
13. Change your mascara every three months. When it comes to your eyes its better to be safe than sorry.
14. If you have red hair use neutral shades on the eyes so they don’t compete with the hair.
15. Beware of brown eye shadows with red undertones as they can make you look tired or worse hungover!
16. If you struggle with applying eyeliner in a straight line, draw small dashes across the lid line and then smudge it together with a Q-tip.
17. When you have occasional make up on that is quiet heavy always carry a spare Q-tip in your bag to clean off any excess that my smudge or run during the day/night.
18. For a daytime cat eye look, start at the inside of your eye and drag the liquid liner all the way across the eyelid. When you get to the outer corner take your eyeliner up and out to create a wing but never too much as this will look way too dramatic!
20. If you struggle using liquid liner, start with a pencil and draw a faint cat eye and then trace it with your liquid liner.
21. Don’t be afraid to go dramatic with eyeshadow and extend it above the crease of your eye. Instead of going intensely dark try warmer tones.
22. Rub an ice-cube over puffy eyes in the morning to reduce swelling!
23. To create unique looks dab a brightly coloured cream to the inner corners of your eye.
24. Number 1 rule when going for a dark smokey eye, keep the rest of your face soft and neutral.
25. Use a lash primer before applying mascara.
26. When applying mascara its always so much more difficult to make your bottom lashes look luscious without getting mascara under your eyes and looking like a panda! Use a smaller mascara brush to get them bottom lashes and your small inner corner lashes.
27. One layer of mascara will never do! Wait for your first layer to dry and apply another until your happy that your lashes look full and long. Make sure your using a mascara that doesn’t clump!
28. False eyelashes always make your eye make-up stand out and your eyes seem bigger. When applying false eyelashes; Measure your lash against your eye, cut off any excess. Apply a small layer of glue to the lashes and let it set for a minute or so until the glue goes tacky. Take a pair of tweezer and grip your eyelash, Apply the middle first and then use the end of your tweezers to pat down the false eyelash in place.
29. If you wear glasses go for a lengthening mascara and not a volumizing mascara as against the lenses it can look quiet clumpy.
30. When using a lash curler start at the base and clamp down and continue to move down your lashes until you get to the ends of your lashes.
(All images used are from google images & pinterest)